The CCCC is proudly sponsored by the Canadian Bar Association, Cassels LLP and Ramsay Lampman Rhodes.
Hotel: Hotel Grand Pacific
We have reserved a block of rooms at The Hotel Grand Pacific at a rate of $155 a night, plus taxes, for rooms with either two Queen beds or a King bed. Please contact the hotel directly to make your room reservation:
Toll Free: 1-800-663-7550
Direct: (250) 386-0450
To qualify for the group rate, you must indicate the Group Name: CCCC 2020 or the Group Code: MAR20CCCC
Please note that reservations must be made by the Cut-Off Date of February 27, 2020.
Saturday, March 14, 2020
The competition will be held at the University of Victoria Campus, in the Fraser Building (the Law School). Click on this link for a map of the location:
This is a two day competition, the schedule for Day 1 (Saturday) is as follows:
|Orientation for Judges, Clients & Competitors||8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.|
|Preliminary Round 1||9:00 a.m. to 10 a.m.|
|Preliminary Round 2||10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.|
|Preliminary Round 3||11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|LUNCH||12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.|
|Orientation for Judges & Clients||1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.|
|Semi-final Round 1||1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
|Semi-final Round 2||2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
Banquet: Saturday evening
Sunday, March 15, 2020
The schedule for Day 2 (Sunday) is as follows:
|Orientation for Judges & Clients||8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.|
|Final Round – Team 1||9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.|
|Final Round – Team 2||10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.|
|Final Round – Team 3||11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.|
|Final Round Critique||12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
We encourage all teams to attend the final round to observe, learn from, and support their peers.
Host Contact Details
Competition Organizer: Nicole Smith at email@example.com
National Representative: Brigeeta Richdale at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in Victoria!
Topic: Damage to Property (Civil Law). This includes nuisance, negligence and trespass but excludes Landlord and Tenant Law.
- October 25, 2019 – Registration Deadline
- November 22, 2019 – Practice Consultation Situations distributed
- January 31, 2020 – Universities must provide competitors’ names
- February 21, 2020 – Lawyers Memorandums distributed
- March 14-15, 2020 – Canadian Client Consultation Competition (University of Victoria)
- April 15-18, 2020 – International Client Consultation Competition (Stetson University College of Law, Tampa, Florida)
2019 CCC Competition Results – Congratulations to the University of Calgary!
CCCC Team 1 (University of Victoria): https://ctl2.uwindsor.ca/uview/show/817A0FF3AB9C5F44/
CCCC Team 2:(University of Calgary): https://ctl2.uwindsor.ca/uview/show/A45149992BC55FBC/
CCCC Team 3:(University of Alberta): https://ctl2.uwindsor.ca/uview/show/37ECBA0F07DD5E04/
CCCC Final Judgment: https://ctl2.uwindsor.ca/uview/show/CD932A156401220B/
Canadian Client Consultation Competition
The University of Windsor, Faculty of Law will host the national competition on March 2-3, 2019.
Please click the link below for Instructions from Caesar’s Windsor for registration for rooms:
Banquet on March 2, 2019
- The banquet on Saturday, March 2, 2019 will take place at Fourteen Restaurant and Sky Lounge, located at 100 Ouellette Avenue, #1400 (14th floor), Windsor. It is one block from Caesar’s Windsor.
- The restaurant is available starting at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will be at approximately 6:00 p.m. (time to be confirmed).
- The menu is attached and each attendee will have a choice of a starter and an appetizer.
- Please make your selections by January 31, 2019. The selections are outlined on the attached menu.
- Please respond to email@example.com as soon as possible to ensure your choices.
- If there are any dietary needs or restrictions, please advise immediately to ensure they are accommodated.
Next Year’s Competition is scheduled to take place in Ireland during the week of April 1, 2019.
University of Alberta – Faculty of Law
Please click the link below for the CCCC Updated Schedule for February 24-25, 2018